Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My registration code doesn’t work. What’s wrong?
Things to watch out for when entering the registration information:
1. When entering your registration name and code spelling and capitalization must match that of the registration information you received.
2. Make sure there are no empty spaces either before or after the registration name or the registration code. This can happen quite easily when copy/pasting registration information.
3. Watch out for the characters after the dashes in the registration code. They are capital letters, not numbers (capital ‘i’ can look like a one and capital ‘o’ can look like a zero)
Q: I lost my registration code. How can I retrieve it?
Use the contact form to request that your registration info be sent to you. Please include the Name and Email Address you used when registering the program.
Q: Is the latest version a free upgrade?
Upgrades to all products are usually free. Occasionally, if an upgrade includes significant functional improvements there may be a small upgrade fee required.
Q: Are these products compatible with Mac OS Lion and Mountain Lion?
Yes, all ToThePoint Products are Lion and Mountain Lion compatible.
Q: TaskTime4 seems to be running slowly. What should I do?
If you have a large number of projects listed in the Projects Manager this can cause a slowdown in performance. The solution is to store older projects. To do this select the projects you wish to store and choose “Store Project File(s)…” from the Modify button’s menu. Stored project can be managed by choosing “Manage Stored Projects…” under the File menu.
Q: How do I move my TaskTime data to a new computer?
To migrate TaskTime data from one computer (source) another computer (destination):
1. copy the folder called “TaskTime Projects” found in your User>Library>Application Support folder on the source computer to the same location on the destination computer.
2. Copy the following files from the User>Library>Preferences folder on the source computer to the same location on the destination computer:
- TaskTime Preferences
- TaskTime4 Registration
NOTE: Migrating to Lion and Mountain Lion
In OS 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion) Apple decided to hide the User>Library folder from users. This makes the migration process a bit more complicated.
To access your Library folder click the Finder icon in your dock. In the Finder’s Go menu select “Go to Folder…”. In the dialog that appears type “~/Library” (without the quotation marks) into the field and click the Go button. This will open the Library folder where you will find the Application Support folder. This is where your TaskTime Projects folder needs to go.
Also in the Library folder is the Preferences folder where the TaskTime Preferences, TaskTime_WindowData and TaskTime4 Registration files need to go.
Trial versions allow you to try out the product for 20 days before purchasing a license in order to see if it is suitable to your needs. You can download a fully functional trail version of any product from its product page.
User Guides: All products have built-in User’s Guides available under their Help menus.
If you need further assistance, would like to send feedback, or wish to submit a feature request click here.